January is the month when most employees will think about leaving their jobs for pastures new. The new year brings with it new hope, and if your staff aren’t happy, they will look to move. Employees feel most valued when they are constantly engaged, developed, and tie in to the ethos and goals of the company.
Here are some tips to keep your staff fulfilled and happy;
- Help your staff to set goals – employees that are working towards achieving their goals will always be more productive than those that are working without any understanding of why.
- Set incentives and rewards – something as simple as a work lunch or dinner to show appreciation for hitting a target, and increase team camaraderie at the same time.
- Get healthy – encourage staff to exercise, eat healthily and feel better about themselves. Introducing fresh fruit for the staff to tuck into, or subsidised gym memberships, will promote healthy habits and increase efforts.
- Talk about the company’s vision – people want to feel like they are a part of something, so constantly reminding them of the company goals and ethos, and encouraging participation or suggestions as to improvements will keep staff engaged.
- Offer training opportunities – staff want to develop themselves, and those that are being constantly improved will have no reason to look elsewhere.
- Tell them they are appreciated! A business is only as good as it’s people. If they are doing a good job, tell them! People naturally seek approval and a simple thank you goes a long way.